At For A Better Body (FABB), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data that we obtain.
The Website is operated by Matt Roots (we, us, our, FABB, Matt Roots Coaching) (address: 13 Westbrook Avenue, Hampton TW122RE). Where we decide the purpose or means for the processing of the personal data that you provide (whether via our website, by completing paper forms, email, telephone, in person, on video conference or in any other way), we are the “data controller”. As data controller, we will comply with all applicable data protection laws.
This policy should be read together with our:
Terms and Conditions
This policy explains the following:
What information we may collect about you.
How we will use information we collect about you.
Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else.
Your choices and rights regarding the personal information you provide to us.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites including the website of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. These websites operate fully independently from us, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties nor the availability of these external sites or resources. The appearance of such links on our website is not an endorsement. Should you use any of these websites, such use is at your own risk and we would advise that you review their respective privacy policies.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
In order to provide our services (including online sales) and other related business activities, including delivery of our individually tailored recipes, workout training plans (online or in person) and online support and community group chat feature, we will need to collect and process information about you.
When you use our website, whether for browsing, interactive group chats, to make an online purchase from our e-shop (of our challenges or merchandise), or to sign up to one of our challenges or programmes, you may be asked to provide us with the following information:
Your name (first name and surname)
Your email address
Your phone number
If you decide to purchase one of our plans, in order to tailor that plan to your individual needs we will ask you to provide us with:
Your responses to a Health and Lifestyle Questionnaire (which includes details of your medical history and other genetic and biometric data, which is considered to be a “special category of personal data” and which we will always obtain with your express consent for us to process such data)
Your before, after and during personal photographs (optional)
Your food diary entries
To complete your purchase you will also be asked to provide us and/ or our third party payment service provider (we currently use Stripe) with:
Your billing address
Your shipping address (if different)
Your payment details (e.g. credit card details)
We may also obtain additional personal data, which could include special categories of personal data (i.e. personal data of a more sensitive nature), when you voluntarily supply information through our website, such as via our support and Live Chat feature or our Facebook community group.
By interacting with us on social media platforms by way of “liking”, “following”, commenting, “retweeting” or “sharing”, you understand that you are consenting for our interaction with you.
1.1 WEBSITE ANALYTICS AND TARGETED MARKETING
1.1.1 WEBSITE ANALYTICS
We use website analytics to evaluate and improve our Website and to offer the best, most accessible service possible to all of our customers. For example, we utilise third party data analytics service providers (such as Google Analytics) to improve our visibility and to monitor website browser behaviour and navigation across the Website.
These third party data analytics service providers collect this information on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and in line with their own privacy policies. We have contracts in place to protect the confidentiality of your information with all of our third party data analytics service providers.
When you visit our Website, our service providers may collect the following data, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
Number of visitors to our Website
Pages visited while at the Website and time spent per page
Page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods
Websites where visitors have come from and where they go afterwards
Page response times and any download errors
Other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in
1.1.2 TARGETED MARKETING
We use the information that we collect about you to serve you targeted advertisement in order to provide you with more relevant advertising content. The targeted marketing is accomplished via our own channels (i.e. our websites, display advertising, and apps) and third party channels, including across multiple devices or browsers, using the following platforms:
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHAT BASIS?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where we have your consent.
We (on our third party service providers acting on our behalf) may use the personal information that you provide for the following purposes
2.1 PROVIDING OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
entering into an agreement with you to provide our services or products and in the provision of those services and products.
logging and processing your order in our information systems
ensuring that you are covered by FABB’s insurance policy
providing physical delivery by couriers of products ordered online
providing a platform via which you may access our online support and dedicated Live Chat system and join our Facebook community group
2.2 CUSTOMER SERVICES & ENQUIRIES
replying to your enquiries or responding to concerns or complaints
providing you with information about the services we offer, including our Body Coach e-newsletter, important announcements about your account, updates about our services, or offers and money off vouchers for our products and plans (where you have opted to receive these)
If you contact us to make an enquiry or to raise a concern about our website or any aspect of our online services, we aim to respond to you as promptly as possible and we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in replying to you.
If you have opted-in to receiving e-newsletters or other marketing materials sent via email, you may opt-out at any time via the unsubscribe feature that appears in our emails or by emailing email@example.com.
You may also be asked to opt- in to receive updates, information or promotional material including vouchers or discount offers and other similar services from our network of recommended suppliers from us or directly from these suppliers.
2.3 TAX & OTHER LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
reporting VAT and other company tax reporting purposes (as required by law)
complying with regulators, law enforcement agencies or in relation to any claims that may arise
We process personal information for the legitimate interests and under the legal obligation of ensuring that use of the Website and e-shop (i) is lawful and non-fraudulent, (ii) does not disrupt the operation of our services, (iii) does not harass our staff or other individuals, and (iv) to enforce our legal rights and comply with our legal obligations.
In accordance with our legal obligations, we may disclose your information to the extent required by law which may include for financial accounting and taxation purposes with our auditors, regulators or other government bodies such as HMRC. We may also disclose your information to third parties in order to enforce or apply our contractual terms, to investigate potential breaches, to protect the rights and freedoms, property or safety of our business or those of our customers and other individuals.
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of the applicable laws, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets, the information we hold may be included as part of that sale, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any changes in ownership or use of your information, and any choices you may have regarding that information.
2.4 COOKIES & WEBSITE ANALYTICS
Our website also uses Google analytics and you can find out more here:
How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
To learn how to opt-out of Google analytics, please visit your Google Ads settings or: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
we process this information to understand how visitors use our Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Website, and we aggregate this information together so we know that, for example, most of the visitors to our Website come from England).This processing is crucial to the running of our online business and we therefore undertake such monitoring in the pursuit of our legitimate interests in improving our website and providing a better service and source of information to visitors.
This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
2.5 FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS
- DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE
3.1 PERSONNEL, SUPPLIERS AND SUBCONTRACTORS
We will not pass your information on to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have provided your consent, in which event the advertisements that appear when you visit our Website will be targeted to provide you with more relevant advertising content and you may receive communications from third parties offering similar or related services to us.
- YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA WHICH WE PROCESS RELATING TO YOU
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest:
To ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
To ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
To request a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
To make a complaint to a data protection regulator. You may contact them at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
To make a request in relation to any of the aforementioned rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the way that we are processing your personal data, please let us know. The best way to bring this to our attention is by emailing us at email@example.com
We do not knowingly use the Website to solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information or may be receiving communications from us without consent of a parent or guardian, we ask that this be brought to our immediate attention. We will make it our priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take commercially reasonable, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that could be encountered via the use of our Website and services, taking into account the likelihood and severity those risks might pose to the rights and freedoms of our customers and other individuals who might be impacted.
In particular, we will take precautions to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration, and unauthorised disclosure of or access to the personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us.
Please be aware that, while we make the security of our Website and your personal information a high priority and we devote considerable time and resources to implementing and maintaining robust information technology security, no security system can prevent all security breaches. By choosing to share your personal information with us, you accept the aforesaid and provide your information at your own risk.
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, we do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary. Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, we will either permanently delete your personal information or remove all identifiers within it so that it is no longer personal data. We may use such anonymised data for research and/or business analysis purposes.
Where you have provided us with personal information in order to purchase a plan and set up an account with us, we will retain those details for as long as your account remains active.
Where we obtain your personal data in relation to the use or purchase of our services or products, including VAT or invoicing information, we are obligated by law to keep this for a minimum of six years.
Where you engage in online discussions through the website, such as with our online coaches and support team or via our Live Chat function on our website and client log in area, this content will be kept on their servers indefinitely, to have this communication erased please contact email@example.com
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our servers are located in the European Union and the information that we collect directly from you will be stored in these servers. We may also transfer your personal data to our third party service providers, many of whom may be located outside of the EU, operate from multiple locations including non-EU based operations or engage sub-processors located outside the EU.
There are agreements in place to ensure that all of our third party service providers process personal information using appropriate safeguards that meet the requirements of EU data protection laws.
If you would like to find out more about these safeguards or if you have any other queries or comments in relation to this policy, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
We’re not one of those businesses that likes to drown our people in paperwork and contracts when a simple agreement based on clear communications will do just as well. What other businesses call a contract we call a ‘fair play’ handshake.
We call it that because it’s designed to be fair to our clients, our coaches and our business and to ensure that we all understand and agree upon the value of the services, the experiences, and the time and effort being offered in exchange for your hard-earned cash.
It’s our sincerest wish and the driving ethos of FABB that regardless of how much or how little you (the “Client“) spend with us, the money always feels like an investment rather than a cost, and that it brings you back far more in return than what you spend. To make sure of this we have the following simple terms that our clients need to be comfortable and agree with before we start our coaching relationship.
FABB is a community that cares about clients and coaches alike, and we ask everyone to work together and communicate clearly as this enables us to accommodate all members’ needs as best as we can.
Summary of Terms & Conditions (“Ts and Cs”)
These Ts and Cs do not exist to trip you up, catch you out or rip you off. Rather, they serve to help you to commit to the coaching programme you have chosen while helping us to give you the time, help, focus, and commitment you deserve.
You have chosen to work with us because you believe we can help you to get to where you want to go and we are 100% committed to that.
We’re here to help and we don’t want anyone to waste their investment; we want you to make the absolute most of your programme and the time and money you have decided to invest in you.
If you show up when you agreed, and do what you agreed to do, you are likely to get the results we agreed to get you. We think that’s a fair way to run a business and to serve our clients. If you agree, ‘shake on it’ by signing below.
Firstly, here are some defined terms:
“Challenge” means a 28 day challenge which serves as a trial period before commencement of a Core Offer Programme, details of which will be confirmed on our consultation call and in your welcome email;
“Client” means you;
“Core Offer Programme” means our full 16 week programme;
“FABB” or “Us” or “We” means Matt Roots trading as FABB; and
“our website” means https://forabetterbody.co.uk/
- Client confirmations and limitations on liability
- Client acknowledges any physical activities involve the inherent risk of injuries or other damages.
- Client further acknowledges that such risks include but are not limited to, injuries caused by the negligence of an instructor or other person, defective or improperly used equipment, over exertion of Client, slip, trip or fall by Client, or any known or unknown health problems of Client.
- By accepting these Ts and Cs, Client hereby:
- represents, confirms and warrants that he or she is in good physical condition and does not suffer from any disability that would prevent or limit participation in physical activities or the application of nutrition guidance;
- represents, confirms and warrants that he or she is capable of participating in the physical and nutritional activities provided by FABB;
- agrees to assume all responsibility for not exceeding his or her physical limits, and assumes the risk and any liability if he or she does exceed his or her physical limits:
- represents, confirms and warrants that all questions outlined on the on-boarding form completed by the Client before the commencement of a Challenge or Core Offer Programme are true and complete; and
- confirms that he or she understands and agrees that it is his or her responsibility to inform FABB and all other associated contractors (including Rewind Physiotherapy) of any conditions or changes to their health, now and in the future.
- Client acknowledges and agrees that he/she will not be permitted to commence a Challenge or Core Offer Programme until he/she has provided the on-boarding form.
- Client acknowledges and agrees that FABB will be required to share the contents of the on-boarding form on a confidential basis with other consultants / contractors who provide services to FABB or to Client during a Challenge or Programme and hereby consents to the sharing of such information.
- Client acknowledges and agrees that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, FABB shall not be held liable for any injury or other damage including (but not limited to) any injuries arising from undeclared or unknown medical conditions. Nothing in these Ts and Cs limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence; and
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- FABB (and all of its associates) does not accept any liability whatsoever for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties or any other damage howsoever caused. To the maximum extent permissible by law, FABB’s aggregate liability (howsoever arising in contract, negligence or otherwise) in connection with these Ts and Cs and in connection with the services provided to you under a Challenge or Core Offer Programme shall be limited to a maximum of 50 per cent. of the price of the sessions or services actually paid by you.
- By signing up to a Challenge (which is effectively a trial), Client is committing to the full 28 day period for such Challenge. Once signed up, the Client agrees that no refunds will be given, unless a doctor’s note can be provided.
- By signing up to a Challenge, Client acknowledges and accepts that automatic enrolment into a 16 week Core Offer Programme (at the full price as listed on our website and/or as discussed on our initial consultation) will occur at the end of the Challenge period, unless Client provides notification of cancellation in writing (email) at any time during the Challenge.
- Core Offer Programmes
- By participating in a Core Offer Programme (which is full membership beyond a Challenge) the Client acknowledges and accepts a minimum commitment of 16 weeks. This 16 week period excludes any time accrued by participation in a Challenge (i.e. your 28 day Challenge does not count towards the 16 week period). By signing up to a Core Offer Programme, Client therefore agrees to pay in full for that 16 week commitment period even if Client chooses not to utilise the full service provided for any reason.
- FABB in turn is committed to getting you the best results and providing you with the best possible experience throughout your chosen Core Offer Programme.
- When you sign up to a Core Offer Programme, you commit to one group and time slot. If you need to swap times for whatever reason, please notify us via the daily post in the VIP Facebook Group providing as much notice as possible. If a space on another time slot becomes available, we will do our best to accommodate. This is subject to availability. No refunds will be provided as a result of you not being able to attend your chosen time slot.
- Our Commitment To YOU & YOUR Commitment To FABB
- We will work hard to support you through your Challenge and Core Offer Programme. In return we want an open and honest relationship.
- If you’re struggling with anything you must ask for help. If you have feedback please let us know. We will also feedback to you.
- Your Core Offer Programme will not be as successful as it could be if your commitment is not consistent. The more contact we have with you, the more we can help you succeed.
- Your Core Offer Programme is a complete package, not a pack of ‘workouts’. There are many different elements to your Core Offer Programme outside of the training sessions, and there is always a lot going on ‘behind the scenes’.
- We’re always working on strategies, tactics, creating content and providing support for you outside of your sessions. ALL of this is factored into your investment into your chosen Core Offer Programme.
- Client acknowledges and agrees that we do not give refunds for unused portions of your Core Offer Programme, or “per hour” or “part” refunds on sessions or other features that you choose not to use.
- The dates of your chosen Core Offer Programme are fixed, however we can defer your Core Offer Programme start date by a maximum of 4 weeks (subject to you providing at least 14 days’ notice before the original start date), but payment must be made in full in order to reserve your space.
- Travel, Holidays, Sickness and Public Holidays
- Should you be travelling during your Core Offer Programme we will provide you with an in depth training plan to perform while you’re away.
- Access to all of the online elements of the Core Offer Programme, your support group, nutrition plan and all other aspects will all still be available to you, to ensure your progress and results are not hindered.
- If you are injured or unwell, you agree to inform us immediately. If you are injured or unwell to the point that you cannot continue or execute any part of your Core Offer Programme effectively (nutrition included), please inform us immediately.
- If you provide a doctor’s note, consideration will be given to terms of membership including postponement of sessions (subject to availability), but no refunds (partial or full) will be given.
- Client acknowledges and accepts that no coaching will take place on public holidays. No refunds or exceptions are given for this.
- Your Core Offer Programme investment has been calculated specifically to allow for public holidays, member holidays and absences through sickness. We will however do our best to provide you with alternative options on these occasions.
- Training Sessions & Absence
- We ask you as a Client, and all other clients to arrive for sessions 10 minutes before the start time to ensure you are ready to get started punctually. Please also respect that other clients may be finishing their sessions, so wait outside quietly.
- You acknowledge and agree that if you are more than 5 minutes late to a training session, for health and safety reasons you will not be allowed to participate.
- Payment Terms
- In the case of a Challenge, full payment for the 28 day Challenge must be made in advance before you can start the Challenge. In the case of our 16 week Core Offer Programmes, payment shall be made weekly in advance (or you are welcome to pay the total amount upfront too if you prefer). You must therefore have made your initial payment before we can begin the coaching process. All payments must be processed through our online payment system Stripe, details of which are set out on our website.
- All programmes work on a calendar week basis. All payments are calculated on a calendar week basis.
- Please note FABB does not offer ‘pay as you go’ or single sessions. We are 100% committed to each client’s bespoke programme and long-term success, and we want our clients to be equally committed. Single sessions do not fit into this philosophy.
- If you have a problem making a payment, please contact email@example.com. If for any reason a payment is overdue by more than a week, FABB reserves the right to ask you to pay before attending another session.
- As previously stated, our Core Offer Programmes carry a minimum 16 week commitment period; and our Core Offer Programmes cannot be extended, paused or part-refunded.
- Once the minimum term of your Core Offer Programme comes to an end, your membership will automatically roll into a weekly subscription at the same rate, continuing on an ongoing basis in perpetuity unless 30 days’ notice of cancellation is received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is in line with our cancellation terms below.
- Cancellation Policy & Notice Period
- 30 days’ written notice is required for all cancellations of Core Offer Programmes. The earliest that this notice can be given is week 12 of your Core Offer Programme, meaning membership will cease at the end of week 16 (as Core Offer Programmes have a minimum16 week commitment period). This period enables us to provide all the support you need before you leave, to allow you to continue succeeding in your health and happiness outside of your chosen programme.
- All cancellation periods apply to the next calendar week. For the avoidance of doubt, this means for example: if Client provides cancellation notice on a Thursday, the notice period does not begin until the Monday of the following week.
- Once again ALL Core Offer Programmes will continue beyond the minimum programme term (of 16 weeks) on an ongoing weekly basis in perpetuity, unless 30 days’ written notice is provided. For the avoidance of doubt, this means for example: if Client purchases a Core Offer Programme of 16 weeks from 1st January to 23rd April, then this programme will automatically continue on a weekly basis from 23rd April onward, if you do not provide written cancellation notice 30 days before 23rd April.
- If you’re considering having a break from FABB then please contact us at email@example.com to discuss as it might be possible to find an alternative programme for you.
- Client Responsibilities
- By accepting these Ts and Cs, Client fully understands that:
- his or her results are entirely up to him or her alone;
- exercise AND Nutrition coaching will directly affect any set goals;
- he or she should not expect noticeable results if he or she is less than 90% compliant with BOTH the FABB exercise program AND nutrition plan;
- results will vary by individual and FABB cannot guarantee specific results.
- Client agrees not to ridicule or mock any other member or client. Client understands that FABB is a safe environment where everyone pushes themselves both physically and mentally in different ways, and Client will make it a point to foster and cultivate this environment. If Client is in breach of this clause 9.2 or otherwise does anything to hurt or abuse any other member (which shall be down to the judgement of FABB acting in its own discretion) FABB withholds the right to immediately terminate Client’s membership without a refund.
- Materials and intellectual property
- FABB owns all intellectual property rights in all materials and content contained on FABB’s website, on FABB’s Facebook page, and any other materials made available to the Client in connection with our services including on any platform, but not limited to our videos (of sessions or otherwise), photographs, written programmes and all other materials. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- By signing up to a Challenge and/or a Core Offer Programme, Client confirms that he or she is aware that FABB may record or photograph training sessions for later use on television segments, websites, promotional materials, social media or in any other way they see fit. Client hereby consents to FABB using their name and likeness, voice, verbal statements, pictures and videos for any of the aforementioned purposes. This does not include before and after photos – we would seek your express consent to use such images.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Ts and Cs, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation.